How do you find inspiration when you aren’t quite feeling it? This short video will give you five strategies to take inspired and meaningful action.
WATCH THE VIDEO.
LISTEN TO THE AUDIO.
READ THE TRANSCRIPT.
Are you truly inspired and inspiring others? And if not, how do you get there? This week we’re Off Balance On Purpose in Orlando.
To be inspired is to be filled with a desire or ability to do something. It’s a feeling that taps our creative impulse and enables action. And that’s the key – the world is not changed by dreamers. The world is changed, by doers with dreams and desire. When you inspire others through, you enable action on a larger scale. When you and others are inspired, the answers and actions seem easier. There’s a flow to your work, and it seems like that this feeling will never go away.
Until it does. Inspiration isn’t permanent. And yet there are commitments, like this weekly video for example, that require us to find inspiration, even when we’re not quite feeling it. With that in mind, here are five suggestions to inspire clarity, desire, and meaningful action:
1. Start anyway. Don’t just sit around waiting for inspiration. Start writing. Pick up the brush. Or the phone. Act as if you are inspired, and let it catch up to you.
2. Focus out. Instead of trying to search deep inside and find your inspiration, help someone else. Many of these videos are created specifically for someone I know, or from questions I’ve received. So please, keep them coming!
3. Change the channel. Your output is a reflection of your inputs and influences – what you read, what you watch, and who you talk to. If you aren’t inspired, change your inputs.
4. Hit “mute.” Often, inspiration is present, but it’s drowned out by the noise and chaos around us. Take a few minutes, or more to find quiet, settle your thoughts, and see what arrives.
5. Ride it out. When the spark – or the blaze – of inspiration hits you jump on it and go! Don’t stop or distract yourself, thinking you’ll easily be able to get back to this clarity.
The word “inspire” literally means to breathe, or blow into. So intentionally breathe. Stay centered, realizing the power of your personal influence. And then breathe life into your work and your dreams through inspired action. Until next week, stay Off Balance On Purpose.
Never miss Dan’s coaching videos, exciting announcements and live events!